Who Makes Porter Cable and What they do best
Porter Cable is an American power tool company founded in 1906 by R.E. Porter, G.G. Porter, and F.E. Cable. This is how it got its combined name of Porter Cable. In addition, Porter Cable has only high standards, and it is shown in their products. It was started to produce power tools to work better and harder. Porter Cable is famous for introducing strong power tools including a helical drive circular saw, a belt sander, and a handy band saw. It was sold to Rockwell International in 1960. Interestingly, Rockwell International was involved in the aircraft and the space industry, and they took over Porter Cable.
Then, in 1981, Pentair, Inc., brought back the name of “Porter Cable” that had been lost over the years. They aimed to restore it to its former company. In 1996, the Smithsonian made a collection of the 90 years of the history of the company, and people all over the world saw this collection. Then, in 2000, Porter Cable merged with Delta Machinery into what is known as the Pentair Tools Group. The Pentair Tools Group consists of Porter Cable, Delta Machinery, DeVibliss Air Power, Oldham Saw, and FLEX Brands. This mixture of groups brings many different kinds of products to the table. It is safe to say that Porter Cable has been popular all over the world in different places and various companies. So, the question is: who makes Porter Cable?
Here is a recap of the history of who makes Porter Cable:
Currently, Porter-Cable is the part of a mega international family of companies named Stanley Black & Decker. Stanley Black & Decker, formerly known as just Black & Decker, bought the company in 2004. In fact, it bought the entire Pentair Tools Group. The headquarters is located in Jackson, Tennessee. Porter Cable is also combined with Dewalt and other companies. They expanded the project range and have included more products like air tools, air compressors, oscillating tools and pressure washers.
One of the most popular tools by Porter-Cable is the Tiger Claw, which was the world’s first angle reciprocating saw. This tool had a joint adjustment of 180 degrees and blade rotation of 360 degrees to make every cut in reach. Today, Porter-Cable symbols the standard of brilliance and other tools are judged by comparing them with Porter-Cable tools. In fact, Porter-Cable also offers a three-year warranty to protect you from any manufacturing defects. This guarantees you will have the best working product at all times. You know the popular Black& Decker, so you know you can trust this company that is combined with Porter Cable. So, check out Stanly Black and Decker today to find Porter Cable products.
What Porter-Cable Makes
Now, The question is: what does Porter-Cable make? The following are the Porter-Cable tools that gained highest reviews from their audiences:
- PORTER-CABLE PCE605K and PCE606K 3-Amp Oscillating Multi-Tool: These are perfect tools for grinding, cutting, sanding and scraping that come with awesome features. These Porter Cable Oscillating Multi-Tools are made with the powerful 3-Amp motor. It has dials for changing speed of motor. Ten or Eight foot cord is provided with these oscillating tools.
- LITHIUM BARE CUT OFF/GRINDER 20V – PCC761B: It includes a great performance motor that produces 8500 RPM for aggressive removal, cutting and finishing. It is featured with three position side handle to make the tool easily controllable in multiple positions. It casts a high performance cordless stage.
- Lithium Ion Drill (1/2-inch): The motor included is a high performance motor, which delivers the power of 330 Watts. Construction involves two speed gear boxes that produce particular torque and power required to complete various applications. To reduce bits slipping within chuck, ratcheting metal chuck is employed. For ease of use, a battery gauge is also introduced in it to display the remaining charging of device. There is also a LED light attached to work easily in dark places.
- Lithium Bare Reciprocating Tigersaw: Efficient drivetrain provides 0 to 3000 SPM and one inch stroke length to have a strong cutting speed. It is designed in such a way that its compact design offers the tool to reach easily into tight places. It features easy change of blade. To handle various jobs and to cut different materials, variable speed triggering gives extra control to the user. There is a pivoting shoe introduced that is used to keep constant interaction with the material.
- Hex Lithium Ion Impact Kit (1/4-inch) PCCK640LB: A high torque motor is employed in PCCK640LB, which provides a torque of 1495 in/lbs. It is meant for quick applications to provide 0 to 2900 RPM. It is compact in size and is easily reachable in tight places. A battery fuel gauge is also employed in this tool to display remaining battery. LED is also used in it to make it work in dark places.
- Straight Finish Nailer Cordless: The Straight Finish Nailer, model PCC792 is a new Porter-Cable cordless finish nailer which is completely electric and does not operate on any fuel cells. It includes a large 100 nail magazine and is compatible to work with 1-inch to 5/2-inch long nails. Its design is light weight for user’s comfort and allow it to work in various positions.
Porter-Cable has achieved a high rank in the market due to its efforts. In fact, Porter-Cable also offers a three year warranty to protect you from any manufacturing defects. Porter-Cable makes the above discussed tools, and you will be pleased with them.