8 Facts You Should Know about The Best Corded Oscillating Tool in 2017
Ever since they were invented in the 1960s, oscillating tools have been very useful, helping us improve productivity. They are multi-functional, do-it-all devices that have become improved, inexpensive and readily available for professionals and home users. Therefore, it is imperative for professionals and do-it-yourselfers (DIYers), who desire stress-free work and optimum productivity, to add the best corded oscillating tool to their collection of tools.
- 1 What is a corded oscillating tool?
- 2 Things to consider before selecting a corded oscillating tool:
- 3 Benefits of using the best corded oscillating tool:
- 4 Disadvantages of using corded oscillating tool
- 5 Recommendations:
- 6 1.Genesis GMT15A Multipurpose Oscillating Tool
- 7 2. Rockwell RK5140K Sonicrafter Hyperlock with Universal Fit and Constant Speed Control Oscillating Tool Kit
- 8 3. Bosch MX25EK-33 120-Volt 33-Piece Oscillating Tool Kit
- 9 4. Dremel MM40-03 2.5-Amp Multi-Max Oscillating Ultimate Tool
- 10 5. Porter-Cable PCE605K3-Amp Oscillating Kit
- 11 Conclusion
What is a corded oscillating tool?
The corded oscillating tool is not very different from their cordless counterpart. They also perform similar functions except that they cannot work without being plugged.
Yet, some prefer corded multi-tool because they do not interrupt constant-draw jobs that require a longer time to complete like the cordless oscillating tool which will shut down once the battery is low and take a minimum of 30 minutes charging time before it powers up.
Also, lovers of the corded oscillating multi-tool kit may also argue that they have the capacity to serve tool-junkies and professionals for years without any need for battery replacement. This makes them less expensive to maintain when compared with the cordless multi-tool which requires battery replacement from time to time.
The corded oscillating multi-tool can easily cut through wood, plastic, foam, cement, dry wall, fibreglass and so on. They also bring fun into the tedium activities of cutting, scraping, grinding, and polishing by helping users complete projects quickly and without stress. They have become very popular and dear to professionals and hobbyists who fancy being handy at home.
Things to consider before selecting a corded oscillating tool:
With the number of products in the market and the rate of adverts done to promote them, finding the best corded oscillating tool is going to be tough for buyers. However, by considering the following features, buyers of the corded multi-tool may get the best corded oscillating tool:
Less noise and vibration
The corded multi-tools are powerful devices which could make some noise when in operation. Still, some of multi-tool products make less noise. It is best for buyers to look for such products to avoid noise pollution and its negative long-term effects such as partial deafness.
It is also important for users to check for the vibration rate of the oscillating tool before buying it. When the oscillating device vibrates too much, it makes it difficult for users to manoeuvre awkward angles. Moreover, excessive vibration could intensify the weight of the product when in use and make it difficult to carry for an extended period.
It should be noted users should wear protective earplugs when using the oscillating tools.
The corded oscillating device requires that users hold their barrel with both or either hands. However, the device will better fit into the hands of users when the circumference and shape of the barrel are best suited. For users with smaller hands, seven inches’ circumference should be ideal for easy grip.
Irrespective of functionality, once an oscillating device is too heavy, users will find it difficult to carry for long. Therefore, a buyer of the corded oscillating tool must verify that the device is not too heavy.
It is advisable that buyers deem it fit to check that the oscillating device comes with a variable speed control dial for controlling the speed when performing specific tasks. For example, plunge cutting wood would require a high speed while sanding jobs require a slower speed.
Some oscillating tools come with integrated LED light for aiding the work done in a poorly light environment or spaces that are tight and dark. Therefore, lighting has to be considered when buying the best corded oscillating tool.
Oscillating tools that are designed to have ergonomic features that bring convenience and comfort are usually a little expensive than others. Therefore, it is recommended that individuals who want to buy an oscillating tool for big projects or regular usage should invest in expensive oscillating tools. However, hobbyist and tool junkie who wants to have the corded multi-tool can buy the less expensive types.
Corded oscillating tool features interchangeable accessories for completing specific jobs. While It is a kit that comes with different accessories, some oscillating tools have a complete package than others. The absence of some tools in the kit could have some cost implications for users.
For instance, blades are quite expensive and wear out fast. A complete kit of an oscillating tool should have some or more of the accessories that are expensive.
Some oscillating tool is designed with features that make them handle certain tasks better than other oscillating tools. For instance, the removable roller guide is featured in some corded multi-tool so that they perform better when removing grout. The roller guide also helps them to be steady and limit the depth of cut. It is recommended that users who intend to buy the best corded oscillating tool should check for similar features before buying.
Benefits of using the best corded oscillating tool:
- The corded oscillating tools are multifunctional, compact and light for easy use in confined spaces.
- They are very durable and guaranteed to serve users for years because they come with a die-cast aluminium casing.
- They are budget-friendly and could come with a minimum of two years’ warranty.
- They are easy to use.
- They are ruthless in handling building materials such as cement, wood, plastic, foam, metal and other. This ensures that tasks are completed on time.
- They help users avoid the stress of cutting, grinding or polishing.
- The corded multi-tool may come with fitting LED light for lighting poorly lit workspace for users’ convenience.
Disadvantages of using corded oscillating tool
- Sometimes weighing 4lbs, the corded oscillating tool may be slightly heavy.
1.Genesis GMT15A Multipurpose Oscillating Tool
The Genesis GMT15A Multipurpose Oscillating Tool can be used instead of the traditional tools home repairs. It can scrape, grind, polish, cut and do so many other things.
Since the Genesis corded oscillating is very powerful, it is a common notion that it is perhaps the best corded multi-tool to own. It is also a fact that this corded oscillating tool will endure through time because of its die-cast aluminium casing and it comes with a minimum of 2 years’ warranty.
- Die-cast aluminium gear casing.
- Holds accessories firmly with the 4-pin flange design.
- Has a 3-inch delta sanding pad, 30 mm E-cut saw blade, allen wrench and HSS segment saw blade.
- Dimension: 12.6 x 5.2 x 4.5 inches
- Weight: 2.8 lbs
- OPM: 21,000
- Included components: attachments and bare-tool
- At 2.8 lbs, Genesis GMT15A Multipurpose Oscillating Tool is lightweight.
- It can complete tasks efficiently with 21,000 oscillation per minute.
- It has a four-pin flange design for holding accessories and to guarantee safety.
Some users have complained that the Genesis GMT15A Multipurpose Oscillating Tool cannot attach with other multi-tool products.
2. Rockwell RK5140K Sonicrafter Hyperlock with Universal Fit and Constant Speed Control Oscillating Tool Kit
Rockwell RK5140K Sonicrafter Hyperlock with Universal Fit and Constant Speed Control Oscillating Tool Kit is a well-rounded oscillating tool for different applications. It has a features a universal fit system that works well with accessories from other corded multi-tool products.
The Rockwell RK5140K corded kit comes with hyper lock variable-speed tool and many other accessories such as semicircle saw blade, three sanding sheets and one hard-sided case with accessory binds, among others.
Armed with necessary accessories, the Rockwell corded oscillating tool can scrap wallpaper, polish metal, sand wood, cut wood and among many other things.
- High-frequency oscillation technology.
- Universal fit system (that makes it work with accessories from other devices).
- Hyperlock tool-less blade change and one-ton clamping force.
- Comes with at least two-year limited warranty.
- Dimension: 16.1 x 5.5 x 6.4 inches
- Weight: 9.2 lbs
- Included components: case
- Volt: 120v
- Rockwell RK5140K comes with Universal Fit system that allows it accept accessories from other oscillating multi-tools.
- Its Universal Fit system also helps users replace accessories very fast.
- It is compact and can work perfectly can be used in tight spaces.
- It works at a top speed which is needed for cutting tough material.
- Rockwell RK5140K comes with adjustable speed control dial for adjusting speed for certain task requirements.
- Apart from users’ complaint about loudness, Rockwell RK5140K may be heavy for extended use.
3. Bosch MX25EK-33 120-Volt 33-Piece Oscillating Tool Kit
Bosch MX25EK-33 120-Volt 33-Piece Oscillating Tool Kit is both delicate and rugged. These combined features make is one of the best corded oscillating tools. It is very effective against any substance (fibreglass, hardwood, drywall, metal and so on) and compact to be handled in tricky angles.
At a light weight of 3.3-pounds, Bosch MX25EK-33 can cut almost 20% faster than many other corded oscillating multi-tool.
- Compact design for easy handling
- It has varieties of accessories for completing various tasks.
- It maintains constant speed with its Electronic circuitry.
- It comes with the variable speed dial.
- Dimension: 15.9 x 14.2 x 5 inches
- Weight: 3.3 lbs
- Included components: attachments and bare-tool
- Volt: 120v
- OPM: 20,000
- Bosch MX25EK-33 works fast at 20,000 oscillation per minute. It may work 20% faster than other corded oscillating multi-tool.
- It comes with varieties of accessories.
- Bosch MX25EK-33 has good ergonomic features for easy use.
- It also comes with adjustable speed control dial for adjusting speed to suit task requirements.
- There are no major drawbacks although Its vary with respect to users intention. Some users noticed that there is no quick blade change mechanism not replacing accessories.
4. Dremel MM40-03 2.5-Amp Multi-Max Oscillating Ultimate Tool
The Dremel MM40-03 2.5-Amp Multi-Max Oscillating Ultimate Tool is specifically designed for both professionals and hobbyist. They are perfect for executing heavy-duty production and completing daily tasks such as dusting.
The Dremel corded oscillating multi-tool features 29 accessories for doing 29 different tasks. It has 7-foot power cord for easy mobility when working and works at an impressive speed at 21,000 OPM.
- Includes varieties of tools including Drywall Jab Saw, Carbide Cutting Blade and Multi-Knife.
- It has 2.5 Amp motor for high level performance.
- It comes with variable speed for precision and control
- Dimension: 15.2 x 3 x 6 inches
- Weight: 5.1 lbs
- Included components: attachments
- Volt: 120v
- OPM: 21,000
- It can cut fast and with precision.
- It comes with varieties of accessories for completing 29 different projects.
- It is light and easy to use.
- It can be used in tight spaces and perfectly handled.
- There has been no serious complaint from users about Dremel MM40-03.
5. Porter-Cable PCE605K3-Amp Oscillating Kit
With up to 31 accessories and a 10-foot power cord, Porter-Cable PCE605K3-Amp Oscillating Kit is easily a corded multi-tool to be jealous about. It provides users all the comfort and varieties to execute high-quality projects.
The Porter Cable corded multi-tool also features a tool-free system for flexibility when working as accessories can be switched easily for whatever task that they are suited for.
- 3-Amp Motor for completing tasks fast.
- It has tool-free system for switching accessories
- It comes with depth and cutting guide.
- It has a 10-foot power cord.
- Dimension: 15 x 4.3 x 11 inches
- Weight: 5.1 lbs
- OPM: 22,000
- Porter-Cable PCE605K3-Amp Oscillating Kit comes makes it easy for users to change the blade and other accessories.
- It can help users’ complete different kinds of project with its varied accessories.
- It can be easily handled.
- Porter-Cable PCE605K3 can help users complete tasks faster having 22,000 OPM.
Although users have complained that blades featured Porter-Cable PCE605K3 may easily break, most of the oscillating multi-tool have the same weakness.
The traditional methods of cutting, scraping and grinding with chisels and other tools usually waste time and cause fatigue. But with the best corded oscillating tool at hand, work would longer mean stress. Therefore, it is recommended for both professionals and non-professionals to get oscillating multi-tool for use in the workshop and around the house.